Culinary community Li.Ru - Meat Dishes
Recipes from the tongue
Are you in the mood for a gourmet product that tastes incredibly delicious? Then read how to cook a tongue with mushrooms. This is truly a great dish made from fairly affordable and inexpensive ingredients.
Nutritious and original salad with pork tongue is a hearty and tasty dish for every day! I recommend the recipe for cooking spicy salad with tongue, as well as tomatoes and peas.
You can cook many dishes from beef tongue. But first of all, it must be welded, this process is long on the stove. And with the help of a pressure cooker, the cooking time is reduced several times. Cooking!
I bring to your attention an interesting salad with tongue. The name is fully consistent with the composition of the dish. The products are simple, but I noticed that the simpler the composition of the salad, the tastier it will come out.
I really love the tongue in all dishes, but when it comes to salad, then boiled or baked beets most successfully emphasize the taste of the tongue. The dressing can be mayonnaise, sour cream or even butter.
Pork tongue is very tasty, not only boiled or in jellied meat, but also stewed. With the help of the recipe for stewed tongue in sour cream, you can appreciate all the deliciousness of this product. See the recipe!
The beef tongue salad is so delicious and tender that it is simply impossible to resist it! And the sour cream dressing gives it a special piquancy. I am sharing with you how to make beef tongue salad.
I will tell you how to make a pork tongue salad. For some reason, many prepare only aspic from the tongue, but this is a very versatile ingredient. And I'll prove it to you now. Enjoy your meal!
Delicate creamy sauce perfectly complements the taste of beef tongue. This dish is perfect for dinner and even on a festive table. You can cook your tongue with béchamel sauce in just a couple of hours.
I love boiled tongue very much. Beef is somewhat more expensive than pork, but any boiled tongue is suitable for making salad. It turns out very tasty. I love these salads very much, it comes out tasty and bright.
Many argue that beef tongue is a delicacy with a special taste. I must note that it is difficult to disagree with this idea, because the language is really good! A dish for a family dinner!
A wonderful salad that turns out to be very tasty and easy to prepare. To your attention the recipe for the Tsarskaya Okhota salad!
If you previously prepared boiled tongue for sandwiches or made aspic from it, I suggest diversifying your skills. I will share with you a simple recipe for tongue and sauce. Spicy, juicy and tasty!
The tongue under the jelly is great for a festive table, this exquisite dish can be prepared in advance, and it will retain its taste for several more days.
Beef tongue salad is very simple to prepare, while it has an unusual and piquant taste. The tongue goes well with onions, herbs and nuts! I think you should like it!
Language is one of the few delicacies that can do anything. It is used in soups, main courses, appetizers and salads.
In everyday life, we pay little attention to such an important product as beets. I propose to include it in your diet and use it not only in first courses, but also in salads.
I would like to present to your attention a quick and healthy salad. I recommend serving this salad in a glass. Looks awesome!
Balsamic cream - sweetish. Makes incredible things to the taste. Frankly, salad is not for everybody!
I had boiled tongues. I began to think about how to serve them, except in aspic and just in pieces. I came up with the idea of a salad.
Make a salad with boiled tongue. It is hearty, beautiful to serve and very easy to prepare. Satisfy gourmet tastes!
Let's make a puff salad with tongue and beets. It is light and tasty, and you can cook it very quickly. We look at the recipe.
Delicious and tender pancakes with interesting tongue filling. Great dish for breakfast or dinner.
Finding snacks for a festive table is not an easy task. I suggest for a change a simple recipe for tartlets with tongue, egg and vegetables. Delicious and hearty salad is ideal for a large company and family.
I want to tell you how to make canapes with tongue. The appetizer turns out to be excellent, with a slight sourness, but still satisfying and tasty. Looks festive, eaten very quickly! I recommend!
Today you will hardly surprise anyone with Olivier salad, how do you not combine the ingredients. As for me, the only thing that can stand out is the beautiful presentation of the dish on the table. Actually, this is the key to success!
For many, it may seem that beef stroganoff from the tongue at home is not an ordinary dish, but this is not so. By-products always require a special "approach", so they should be processed.
Every hostess asks from time to time the question: "how to surprise the guests?" Surprising your guests is very easy. Make a wonderful Khansky salad with boiled tongue, potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
A quick and very simple recipe for a boiled tongue in a slow cooker is well suited for those cases when a feast is already at stake, and a lot of things still need to be prepared. Immediately without any worries and hassle!
Meat puree is perfect for babies. Language is a product that is well and easily absorbed by the child's body. Usually, children like its sweetish taste and pleasant texture.
If you like meat salads, here is a recipe for making a salad with tongue and ham, which I just learned.
The recipe for cooking pork tongue in a slow cooker is easier than you might imagine! There is no need to spend money and eat such meat dilicates, you can easily make it yourself!
I want to share with you a simple recipe for veal tongue in a slow cooker. The appetizer turns out to be universal - both for a festive table and for dinner, served both with a side dish and separately. Plus it's delicious!
I want to share with you an interesting way of cooking beef tongue in a multicooker, standing above the stove less, and the meat will turn out softer and juicier. A healthy, satisfying and delicious snack!
I am sharing with you an interesting and simple recipe for the language of aspic in a multicooker. Indeed, in a slow cooker, it is easier to cook the tongue and the broth itself turns out to be more transparent and richer in taste. Good luck!
To diversify my diet a little, I decided to look for a recipe for making salad with tongue and pepper. Found a great recipe. The dish turned out to be delicious, spicy and nutritious. Try it too!
The most delicious salad is a salad made with your own hands. This recipe will detail how to make a salad with tongue and cucumbers.
Olivier salad is a frequent guest at any festive table. To diversify it a little, I suggest you try the recipe for making Olivier salad with beef tongue.
Tried a new salad recently which I really liked. I learned the recipe for making salad with tongue and beans and decided to post it here. Lick your fingers! Try it!
I offer you a recipe for making a salad with tongue and mushrooms that will diversify your festive table. Most of the cooking time will be spent on the tongue, but in the end the salad will turn out to be very tasty.
Unusual and incredibly tasty julienne from the tongue is baked in the oven. Prepared with onions, mushrooms and milk sauce.
Recipe for cooking julienne from boiled tongue with mushrooms, onions and sour cream and cheese sauce.
We are preparing the salad "Bast", but at the same time we add a new ingredient - beef tongue. Although the classic Lukoshko salad recipe does not imply the addition of language, it is worth experimenting.
Beef tongue is a famous delicacy. Let's try to make a salad with tongue and tomatoes at home.
Recently I came across a recipe for making Caesar salad with tongue. It allows you to add new flavors to the salad, so I hasten to share with you.
Because of its original taste, kebabs from the tongue have always been considered a delicacy. Of course, in taste it differs significantly from the traditional kebab, but I will not say that for the worse.
Recipe for making soup from pork tongue, beets and herbs.
Recipe for making soup from tongue, buckwheat, onions, potatoes and carrots.
Recipe for cooking tongue soup, beef broth and onions with herbs and dough snails.
Tongue pate is a wonderful hearty appetizer with a delicate consistency that can be served in different forms and with different dishes. It will appeal to both big and small. It is prepared very simply. Try it!
The best thanks is to quote the entry;)
Hello everyone! Today I will tell you how useful beef tongue is, how to cook delicious dishes from it. The offal belongs to the first category, like the heart and liver. It's easy to digest and packed with nutrients. And it's easy to cook it.
Tired of burgers and chicken? Do you want variety? Language is the best choice! Dozens of different dishes can be prepared from it. It is a healthy alternative to sausages. In any form, the delicacy will be a hearty addition to the menu.
The tongue is a valuable source of protein and B vitamins. There are no coarse fibers in it. It consists of homogeneous muscle tissue covered with a membrane. The weight is usually 0.5-2 kg. That's enough for 4-6 generous servings or more. Despite the impressive price, it is a very economical, practically waste-free product. Plus, it's easy to prepare.
How to cook beef tongue properly - main secrets
You don't need any special culinary skills to prepare an appetizing snack, but knowledge of some of the nuances is indispensable.
Use fresh or frozen tongue with an expiration date. If you take it on the market, make sure you have the stamp of the sanitary service. A fresh specimen of elastic texture (when pressed with a finger, the depression quickly disappears). It is purple or bright pink in color, without mucus and unpleasant notes in the smell. Droplets of blood stand out on the cut.
- Dip your tongue whole in the pot, do not cut into pieces.
- Cook in salted water so that vitamins and minerals do not all go into the broth.
- Be patient. To make the pulp soft, cook for 3-5 hours.
- Do not simmer too much. Cook under a closed lid with barely noticeable stirring of the liquid.
- Readiness Determine a wooden skewer. It must freely pass through the flesh, and the outstanding juice should be transparent.
Ready tongue completely cool. Wrap in the food film. Keep it in the refrigerator no more than 3 days. If you do not plan to cook immediately after shopping, freeze without cutting.
Beef Language: Cooking Recipe In a saucepan - the easiest
Properly cooked, it is good in itself, without additional processing and tricks. He is served with hell, mustard, adzhika marinated cucumbers. From it you can make a sandwich or festive cutting.
So, let's begin:
- Rinse the tongue under running water.
- Soak by 0.5 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Squake from all sides with a knife or handle the brush. Tough film while leave. Salivary glands if they are, delete.
- Put a suitable size in a saucepan.
- Fill with cold water. It must fully cover the language.
- Put on a strong fire, bring to a boil.
- Drain the first decoction with a foam "cap".
- Return, remove the remains of foam from the walls of the dishes.
- Fill with water again, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heating to the minimum.
Sung (2 tbsp. L. No top on a liter), add a bay leaf, carnation (1-2 pieces), a large bulb, parsley root, carrots and pepper peas (6-7 things).
Beef language: how much cook ?
Keep on the plate 3-5 hours. The exact time depends on the size of the language and age of the animal. Do not be afraid to digest - the longer, the softer and tastier.
One of the signs of readiness is the formation of bubbles on the shell when she starts separated from the pulp. Leave the crude semi-finished is not worth it. His cooled it is difficult to clean, but it is necessary to do it.
Beef language: how to clean easy and fast?
Remove the freshly welded product, put in a colander. Send a jet of cold water on it, cool a little, remove the skin with a sharp knife.
Lower back and negotiate 5-10 minutes. Let it stand, wait for a complete cooling. During this time, it is additionally soaked with salt and flavor of spices. Cooled, it is easy to cut. If you cook for a festive table, weld in advance, on the eve.
What to cook from a beef language - Three favorite recipes
He is good in itself, if it is used as a snack or put on a sandwich to breakfast. Delicious dishes are also obtained from it, many of which are "pull" to the level of restaurant.
Beef tongue under garlic and walnut sauce
It can be submitted independently or as a company to buckwheat, Perlovka, Bulguur. If you have already boiled the language, it remains to cook sauce. Prepare:
- A glass of sour cream
- as much broth,
- 200 g of walnuts,
- garlic - 2 teeth,
- Onions - 1 pc.,
- Refined sunflower oil - 50 ml,
- flour - 30 grams,
- black pepper,
- A nutmeg - on the tip of the knife.
How to cook:
- Flour dries on a dry pan until golden color.
- Mix with sour cream and decoction.
- Add spices roasted finely chopped onions.
- Grind nuts and garlic in a blender.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Boiled tongue Cut thin slices.
- Fill it with a mixture, warm it in a pan 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire. Give it to strengthen until the sauna thickens.
Salad with beef language
It can be prepared on weekdays and holidays. Pomegranate grains are suitable for decoration, orange slices or a few berries of cranberries.
- boiled tongue - 200 g,
- canned green peas - 0.5 cans,
- pickled cucumber - 1 pc.,
- sesame oil - a tablespoon
- egg - 2 pcs.,
- red onion,
- a bunch of parsley.
- Cut the boiled tongue into strips.
- Chop the cucumber into cubes (1 cm).
- Wash greens and onion, dry and chop finely.
- Hard-boiled eggs, cut into half rings.
- Add the peas.
- Combine the ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Season with vegetable oil, mayonnaise or sour cream.
Serve with mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, or rice.
"Medallions" in batter
For batter you will need:
- 2 eggs,
- 30 ml of milk
- a pinch of salt,
- a glass of premium flour.
Mix the beaten eggs and the rest of the ingredients. Sift flour to it. Stir. Knead the dough like for pancakes.
Dip slices 0.5-1 cm thick and fry in hot vegetable fat until golden brown. Serve warm.
How to use broth after boiling beef tongue?
Prepared according to the rules, it turns out transparent, fragrant, rich. It contains proteins, fats, minerals and aromatic substances. The broth is saturated with vitamin B12. A 100-gram serving contains half the daily value. You shouldn't throw away such a nutritious product.
You can cook delicious borscht, pickle or vegetable soup on it. It is used to make sauces. Buckwheat and pasta are cooked on it, while their nutritional value is significantly increased. And also an excellent jellied meat or aspic is prepared from a transparent broth, but boiled chicken, vegetables, and other offal are put as a filler.
Tongue: beef benefits and the harm of a delicacy
The valuable product is included in dietary nutrition programs, and is recommended for ulcers and gastritis. It helps to normalize hemoglobin, is useful for atherosclerosis, intestinal problems. It is high in zinc and chromium, both of which reduce the risk of diabetes.
The tongue is indicated for pregnant women, children, the elderly. It has no connective tissue. It is easy to digest and packed with nutrients. The product holds the record for the content of niacin (B3), which lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Other benefits include:
- helps to normalize blood sugar,
- regulates metabolism,
- provides muscles with protein,
- improves blood composition,
- accelerates tissue regeneration,
- relieves anemia,
- helps to cope with insomnia,
- prevents migraine attacks,
- improves the synthesis of hormones and amino acids,
- regulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
The composition includes amino acids (nonessential and irreplaceable), which are involved in the synthesis of complex enzymes. Tongue dishes help you recover faster after surgery or an infectious disease. They restore strength, give a good mood.
The daily rate is 100-150 grams. Due to the presence of cholesterol, children, the elderly and pregnant women are limited to a portion of 70-80 g.
Chemical composition and calorie content of beef tongue
Energy value - 173 kilocalories, which is 11.3 of the estimated daily requirement. The nutrient balance is shown in the table.
|Name||Weight, g||% daily requirement|
The tongue contains one and a half times more vitamin B12 than beef tenderloin, and in terms of B5 content, it surpasses it by almost four times. "Beshki" have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, and vitamin PP supports the health of the brain. Eat offal meals more often if you sleep poorly, notice hair loss, or have headaches.
|Name||Amount per 100 g, mg||% norm|
There is more iron here than regular meat. And in terms of zinc, beef offal is superior to peanuts, oatmeal, Brazil nuts and other popular sources of this important element.
|Name||Weight, mg||% daily value|
The product contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. In 100 grams - half the daily dose of cholesterol (150 mg). It is rich in chromium, which regulates glucose levels and reduces sugar cravings.
I hope I convinced you to include beef tongue in your diet more often, you now know how to cook it. It's not difficult at all. Moreover, the product is a valuable source of nutrients, a universal option for a festive and everyday menu.
Cooking methods for ingredients
How to cook beef tongue: delicious recipes
Beef tongue is considered a delicacy due to its soft and delicate texture, vitamins and nutrients that it contains. You can often find it on a festive table in a beautiful design. The structure of the tongue is a whole muscle, therefore its main component is proteins; there are practically no carbohydrates and fats. Beef tongue is easy to digest, as it contains a minimum amount of connective tissue. It is the latter fact that makes it a dietary meal. However, in order to preserve these wonderful and useful qualities of the language, you need to prepare it correctly.
1The nutritional value
Beef tongue is not only tasty, but also a very healthy product. Nutritionists love to include it in the diet of their customers due to its low calorie content: 100 grams of this delicacy contains only 170 kcal.
The main component of beef tongue is proteins, which are easily absorbed in the human body. Carbohydrates and lipids are low, so it can be included in low-carb diets aimed at weight loss. It is rich in B vitamins, contains a large amount of trace elements such as iron, magnesium, potassium.
Content of nutrients:
|Vitamin C||3.1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B12||3.8 ng|
The product is recommended for people who suffer from anemia and cardiovascular diseases. It is also useful for pregnant and lactating women, helping to cope with headaches and insomnia.
2What dishes are prepared from beef tongue
When cooked properly, beef tongue is very soft and juicy. The special taste allows you to easily combine it with a variety of dishes. Due to this, there are a large number of recipes in cooking that include this by-product.
Prepare from it:
- hot and cold snacks,
- second courses.
Ready-made boiled tongue is perfect for cutting on a festive table, especially if you decorate it with herbs, vegetables, berries and sauce. You can not only boil it, but also stew, fry in breadcrumbs, marinate, grill, in a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. Baked beef tongue with vegetables in the oven is quite popular, especially in combination with cheese and mushrooms. Often on the festive table you can find aspic or jellied meat from it. Many housewives make rolls, casseroles and homemade sausages from this product.
3How to choose the right one
When buying beef tongue in the meat section of a store or in the market, first of all, you need to pay attention to the color of the offal: if it is fresh, the color will be slightly purple or pink.
The more zinc and iron in the beef tongue, the darker purple it will have.
Smell plays an important role, so you must definitely smell the offal. Fresh has a slightly sweet aroma. If you feel a shade of ammonia, mold, rot, then it is definitely spoiled, and you should not buy it.
This offal has good elasticity, therefore, if you press on it with your finger, the fossa will immediately straighten. If it is flabby and very soft, in no hurry to regain its shape, it means that it has been repeatedly frozen, which will necessarily result in a loss of taste and nutritional qualities. If the purchase is made in an unfamiliar place, then it is best to ask the seller for a veterinary certificate: this will save you from various negative consequences.
4How to cook properly
Cooking this delicacy at home is not too difficult a task, but time consuming. If you plan to make a dish from the tongue, you need to start the cooking process in advance. There is no need to rush, because if you do not withstand the required cooking period, the meat will turn out to be tough and tasteless.
In cooking, there are a large number of recipes based on beef tongue. In order not to spoil them, but, on the contrary, to give them a more expressive taste, you need to properly boil the main ingredient.
Before cooking, it must be completely filled with cold water for 30 minutes: this will help to quickly clean it of surface dirt, and also make it more tender and soft. Then you need to rinse it under running water. Fat is cut off as desired. At this stage, it is not recommended to clean the meat, as it will be rather difficult, you can accidentally cut off the valuable pulp.
In order to cook beef tongue, it is necessary to use large dishes, since during cooking it will increase in size due to swelling. Cold water is poured into the container, put on fire. After boiling, the offal is immersed in a saucepan.
You need to cook the tongue over low heat, avoiding a strong boil, so that the water boils only a little. Active cooking will not speed up the preparation of the dish, but will only worsen the taste of the meat. You can cook it in two waters: first, boil it for 15 minutes, then drain the water and pour in a new one, continuing to cook. This will get rid of the specific smell. As you cook, remember to skim off the foam with a slotted spoon. At the initial stage of cooking, you do not need to salt, otherwise the meat will turn out tough.
Cooking time depends on the weight and size of the offal, as well as the age of the animal. On average, if the conditions are met, it is cooked for a long time - from 2 to 4 hours. The tongue, which weighs 1 kg, is boiled for 2 hours, more than 1.5 kg - at least 3 hours.
30 minutes before readiness, salt to taste, allspice, bay leaf, parsley, onion, carrot, celery root are added to the tongue. Thanks to these additives, it will acquire a unique aroma, which will further enhance its taste.
You can check the readiness by piercing it with a toothpick or a kitchen knife. The absence of resistance, the appearance of light juice from the puncture site indicates the readiness of the delicacy. Next, it needs to be cleaned.
4.1 How easy it is to clean
The finished, already boiled product must be removed from the pan with a slotted spoon and quickly lowered into a bowl of cold water, preferably ice. Such a sharp cooling is necessary in order for it to clean well. To do this, you just need to pick up the skin in one place with a fork, take it with your fingers and pull it off like a stocking from meat. If in some places the skin remains on the meat, it can be cleaned with a sharp knife.
After cleaning, excess fat may remain on it, which can be removed if desired. After cleaning, the beef tongue is rinsed under running water. For greater tenderness, softness, juiciness, pleasant aroma, the peeled delicacy is placed again in the broth for 30-60 minutes. You can add a little vegetable oil there.
After boiling and cleaning, the beef product is ready for use. When cooked this way, it is ideal for slicing as a separate dish. You can prepare an interesting salad or appetizer; for this, it will need to be chopped or grated beforehand.
5Beef tongue as an independent dish
- beef tongue - 1.5 kg;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- peppercorns - 10 pcs.;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- celery - 1 stalk;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- salt to taste;
- lettuce leaves - 50 g;
- dill - 50 g.;
- ground mustard in sauce - 100 ml;
- mayonnaise - 150 ml.
Preparation of classic cuts from the tongue:
- one. Rinse tongues under running water, remove surface contamination. Peel the onion.
- 2. Place the offal with the onion in a saucepan with boiling water, boil for 15 minutes, pour out the water, pour in a new one and cook over low heat for 3 hours.
- 3. Add pepper, salt, celery and carrots half an hour before the end of cooking.
- four. Take your tongue out of the pan and put it in a container of ice-cold liquid for 20-30 minutes.
- five. Remove from water and peel offal.
- 6. The language is ready. You can immediately cut it to the table and serve it beautifully with herbs, mayonnaise and mustard sauce.
6Braised beef tongue in a slow cooker
- beef tongue - 1 pc .;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- thick celery stalk - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- allspice - 10 pcs.;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs.;
- salt to taste
- fresh peas, dill and lettuce for decoration.
- one. Before cooking, the tongue should be soaked in water for at least 20 minutes.
- 2. The offal is placed in a multicooker bowl and completely filled with water. The "Extinguishing" mode is set for 3 and a half hours.
- 3. 2 hours after cooking, vegetables and spices are gradually added to the bowl.
- four. After 1.5 hours, the tongue is removed from the multicooker, ready for slicing. Decorated with greenery.
7Olivier salad with boiled tongue
- boiled beef tongue - 1 pc .;
- boiled potatoes - 2 pcs.;
- boiled carrots - 2 pcs.;
- boiled chicken eggs - 3 pcs.;
- fresh cucumbers - 3 pcs.;
- canned peas - 1 can;
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp. l .;
- parsley to taste;
- dill - to taste;
- salt to taste;
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste.
How to cook Olivier with beef tongue step by step:
- one. Cut the finished beef tongue into large pieces so that it cools faster after cooking.
- 2. Potatoes and chicken eggs are cut into small cubes and laid out in a bowl.
- 3. The cooled tongue crumbles into cubes. Carrots are cut in the same way. Everything is added to the potatoes and eggs.
- four. Diced cucumbers, along with canned peas, are added to the common bowl.
- five. All ingredients are mixed. Mayonnaise, salt and freshly ground pepper are added. The dish is formed by a serving ring, decorated with dill and parsley, thin slices of the tongue.
Recipes from the tongue
Language can rightfully be considered a delicacy. It is delicious, tender and nutritious. Most often, beef and veal tongues are used in culinary recipes, less often pork tongues. Before cooking, it is advised to soak the tongue in cold water, then boil it with salt and spices for several hours. As soon as the tongue becomes soft, it is transferred to cold water, allowed to cool and the skin is peeled off. Then they act according to the recipe. The tongue can be cut into thin slices and used for aspic. You can make any meat salad by replacing the meat with pieces of the tongue.
In the section "Recipes from the language" 89 recipes
Usually for stews with meat, take the pulp or meat on the bone. But why not stew potatoes with beef or pork tongue? In this recipe I will tell you how to do it as quickly as possible and to make it tasty. The main ingredients are ...
I don't know about you, but I love boiled tongues. If I see that they are being sold at a more or less reasonable price, then I never pass by and take them in reserve. Pork tongues, like lamb tongues, are cheaper and noticeably less beef tongues, but they cook faster, and they taste absolutely ...
If earlier, while boiling tongues for salad or appetizers, I simply poured out the broth, today I decided to cook soup on it. And she was right. It turned out to be a very tasty pea soup with pieces of boiled tongue. The broth is rich, rich, even, one might say, ...
Excellent taste, as well as the high dietary value of the hero of our conversation today, beef tongue, are undeniable. Not so long ago, beef tongue dishes were used to decorate only our festive tables, but today this delicacy is available to everyone and can easily become one of the favorite products of our daily menu. But the trouble is, in the hands of an inept cook, a juicy, tender and very tasty beef tongue can turn into an unsuccessful tough dish that can disappoint even the most picky eater. How can you prevent failure? Check out the KEDEM.RU pages more often! After all, it is here that we are always glad to offer you an easy solution to any culinary difficulties. So today we invite you to figure it out with us and remember how to cook a language.
Referring to the by-products of the first category, beef tongue pleases us not only with its excellent taste, but also with its high nutritional value. The high protein content and low calorie content make the tongue one of the indispensable foods in the diet for weight loss. The large amount of iron contained in beef tongue allows nutritionists to recommend tongue dishes to patients with anemia, pregnant women, and children. In addition, beef tongue will provide your body with an excellent source of B vitamins, especially B12, as well as valuable minerals such as zinc and magnesium. And yet, above all, we love beef tongue dishes for their unsurpassed tenderness, juiciness and delicacy of taste. It is not for nothing that boiled beef tongue with pickles was one of the favorite dishes of the Russian Empress Catherine the Great.
What kind of dishes can be prepared from beef tongue? They are innumerable. Tongues are boiled and fried, baked and stewed. Great salads and the most delicate aspic dishes, spicy hot snacks and delicate cold snacks are prepared with the tongue. The tongue is great both in soups and in second hot dishes. The tenderness and delicacy of taste and aroma make it easy to combine beef tongue with both other meat products and poultry products, eggs, vegetables, cereals. Both bright hot sauces and seasonings, as well as tender, creamy, dairy sauces, are suitable for dishes from the tongue. And, of course, you will never spoil even the simplest boiled beef tongue by serving classic mustard or horseradish to it.
Today "Culinary Eden" carefully collected and wrote down the most important tips and secrets for you, together with the most interesting recipes that will surely help even the most inexperienced housewives and will tell you how to cook the tongue.
1. Choosing a beef tongue in a store or on the market, try to turn your attention to a chilled product, not frozen, because it is the chilled tongue, which has not yet been exposed to low temperatures, that will be able to fully reveal all its tenderness and delicacy of taste. Take a close look at the color of the language offered to you. A good beef tongue should be purple or dark pink. This shade of tongue will tell you that the product is rich in iron. But the light pink color of the tongue will tell you that it has already been frozen. Press on a quality tongue with your finger, and you will feel its elasticity, and the resulting fossa will immediately be smoothed out. Too soft, flabby tongue, poorly straightening fossa from pressing - all this will tell you about not the first freshness of the product offered to you. Be sure to sniff your tongue before buying. Nice fresh beef tongue has a pleasant sweetish meaty aroma with a light milky note. Any extraneous odors, the smell of ammonia, an unpleasant sour smell will tell you about the staleness of the proposed product. It is better to refuse such a purchase, it will not be possible to cook a delicious dish from a spoiled tongue.
2. For the preparation of salads, snacks, and many other dishes, you will need boiled beef tongue. How to properly cook the tongue while maintaining its softness and juiciness? It's not difficult at all, although it will take some time. Scrub thoroughly with a metal brush and rinse one whole beef tongue under running cool water. In a deep saucepan, bring enough water to a boil so that when the tongue is immersed, it covers it by 8 to 10 centimeters. Dip the washed tongue, one peeled carrot and one large onion into boiling water. Optionally, you can add parsley or celery root, bay leaf, black peppercorns. Bring the water to a boil again, remove the foam, reduce heat to low, cover the pot and cook the tongue for one hour. After the time has passed, remove the vegetables, add one tablespoon of salt (slightly more or less to taste), cover the pan with a lid and cook the tongue until cooked for another one and a half to two hours. Check the readiness of the tongue every 15 minutes by sticking a toothpick into it - if the softness of the tongue does not change in 15 minutes, then it is completely ready. Transfer the prepared boiled tongue from the boiling broth to a bowl of ice water and hold it in water for two to three minutes. Now you can clear your tongue without the slightest difficulty. Just peel it off with a sharp knife and cut off the excess fat. Return the peeled tongue to the boiling broth, cook for another 15 minutes, and then let cool directly in the broth. The boiled beef tongue prepared in this way turns out to be very juicy, soft and tasty.
3. Sometimes in autumn, when fresh forest mushrooms appear on the shelves of shops and markets, you should definitely try a delicious salad from the tongue with mushrooms. Cut into small cubes 400 g. boiled beef tongue, cut two celery stalks into slices, two small pickled cucumbers - into cubes, one red onion - into halves of rings. Rinse thoroughly, peel and fry until tender (8 - 10 minutes) in vegetable oil 200 gr. fresh forest mushrooms. Porcini mushrooms or aspen mushrooms are best suited for this salad. Prepare the dressing separately. To do this, whisk together 150 g with a fork or whisk. sour cream, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry white wine, 1 teaspoon of mustard, salt and black pepper to taste. In a salad bowl, combine the tongue, mushrooms and vegetables, pour over the dressing and stir. Garnish the salad with a sprig of fresh dill and serve.
4. It is even easier to prepare a delicious and satisfying salad with tongue, potatoes and pickled cucumbers. Cut 500 g into thick strips. boiled beef tongue and 300 gr. boiled potatoes. Cut two celery stalks into thin strips, two pickled cucumbers - into cubes, grate one apple on a coarse grater. Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and stir. Prepare the dressing separately. To do this, mix 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of liquid honey, salt and white pepper to taste. Pour the prepared dressing over the salad, stir, sprinkle with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan and two tablespoons of finely chopped green onions.
5. Jellied beef tongue will decorate both your daily menu and the festive table. Boil and peel one beef tongue as usual. Strain the broth thoroughly and return to the saucepan, and cut the peeled tongue into thin slices. Pour four tablespoons of gelatin with four tablespoons of broth, leave for 15 minutes to swell, combine with the rest of the broth, and then stir thoroughly until completely dissolved. Mash two raw proteins thoroughly with two tablespoons of cold water and whisk lightly. Add the egg whites to the hot broth and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the broth again through a fine sieve or cheesecloth and cool to room temperature. Pour a thin layer of broth on the bottom of the mold and let it set in the refrigerator for five to ten minutes. Put slices of boiled tongue, slices of boiled carrots, quarters of hard-boiled quail eggs on top of the frozen jelly. Pour over the rest of the broth and place in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
6. In hot summertime, a cold beetroot with boiled tongue is the best choice for your table. Rinse, peel and cut into 800g cubes. young beetroot along with tops. Pour it with two liters of boiling water, add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of sugar, salt to taste. Simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the broth, mix with 1 tbsp. a spoonful of grated horseradish, 1 teaspoon of mustard, salt to taste and refrigerate. Boil four young potatoes and three chicken eggs separately, peel and dice. Chill beets, potatoes, and eggs in the refrigerator. Cut into thin cubes 300 gr. boiled tongue, cut into circles 250 gr. radish, finely chop three small fresh cucumbers, chop up a large bunch of your favorite spicy herbs. Combine all ingredients except the boiled beets and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Then arrange on plates, sprinkle with boiled beets and pour over beet broth. Add one tablespoon of sour cream to each plate and serve immediately.
7. And in the cold season, a spicy bean soup with tongue and cauliflower will help you out and warm you up. Pour in cool water and leave to swell overnight 200 g. white beans. Drain, transfer the beans to a saucepan, add 2 liters of fresh water, bring to a boil, remove the foam and cook for an hour. In a separate saucepan, cook until tender one kilogram of beef tongue in 1 ½ liters of water. Remove the tongue, pour over with cold water and peel, and strain the broth and return to the pan, adding the bean broth to a total volume of 2 ½ liters. Heat 2 tablespoons in a skillet. tablespoons of vegetable oil, add one finely chopped onion, one carrot cut into strips, two chopped garlic cloves. Fry over high heat, stirring frequently, for five minutes. Then add two finely chopped celery stalks and one tablespoon of tomato paste. Fry, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes, remove from heat. Return the pot with broth to the heat, bring the broth to a boil, add three diced potato tubers and cook for five minutes. Then add the sautéed vegetables, boiled beans, two bay leaves, salt and black peppercorns to taste. Cook everything together for another 10 minutes, then add 200 gr. cauliflower, disassembled into inflorescences. Cook for another five minutes. At the very end of cooking, add boiled tongue, cut into large cubes, and half a large bunch of finely chopped parsley to the soup. Warm everything together for a couple more minutes and serve, sprinkled with chopped dill.
8. Hot boiled beef tongue in sour-sweet sauce can be served as a hot snack and as an independent hot course, accompanying it with a garnish of boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables. It's not difficult to cook this dish. Boil up ready, hide with ice water, clean and return one beef tongue into hot broth. Separate the sauce separately. Preheat in a glass of 2 tbsp. Spoons of butter, add 1 tbsp. A spoonful of wheat flour and fry, constantly stirring, for one minute. Continuing continuously stirring, pour ½ cup of boiling broth, in which the language was cooked, 1 h. Spoon of liquid honey, 1 tbsp. A spoonful of white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. Wasis spoons, 1 tbsp. A spoonful of finely disturbed prunes, salt and black pepper to taste. Warm sauce on low heat, constantly stirring, for three minutes. Cut the boiled tongue with portion slices, pour the finished sauce and immediately serve to the table.
9. It is very easy to cook and delicious beef tongue fried in breadcrumbs. Peeled boiled beef tongue cut into thin slices, salt and pepper. Each slice of the tongue is cut in a small amount of flour, plunge the eggs whipped with a fork and bold in the crumbs of white bread. Fry in a frying pan in the preheated butter for three minutes on each side, before the formation of a ruddy crust. Serve with fried potatoes, french fries or potato mashed potatoes. Separate your favorite sauce.
10. Persisters of sharp dishes will surely appreciate the original Mexican recipe lengua - beef tongue with corn and sharp pepper. Drink in advance, clean and cut one beef tongue with thick pars. Three small green chilli peppers cleanse from seeds, rinse thoroughly in cold water and cut into circles. Slices Cut four small tomatoes, finely cut one red bulb, grind the three cloves of garlic, drain the liquid with one canned corn cans. In a frying pan, heal 2 tbsp. Spoons of olive oil, add chili pepper, onions and garlic. Fry, stirring, before the transparency of the bow. Then add the pieces of the tongue and fry, often stirring, another 10 minutes, before the formation of a ruddy crust. Then add tomatoes, mix and exhaust until soft for five minutes. When tomatoes become absolutely soft, add corn, salt and pepper in taste, mix and warm on low heat for five minutes. Before serving on the table, sprinkle a dish of a finely naked cilantro.